Tuesday 18 December 2018

Looking back at 2018 & forward to 2019


A personal report as the photographer for Polypodphoto


Over the past year I have increasingly been using a Canon compact camera rather than a DSLR and have been trying out a Huawei smart phone, I’ve been surprised with the quality of images achieved. 

The direction of my work has now moved away from commercial photography to a more personal interest based activity with a lot of time, effort (and expense) being devoted to the Neo-Gothic Guild Church Stained Glass Project. A series of exhibitions displaying stained glass images have been held and I’m now working towards a major exhibition of photographs to be held at Guildford Cathedral in January 2019.

My connection continues with the Guildford Institute where I teach photography and deliver courses on architecture and design, mainly with an emphasis on the Victorian period. On 4 April 2019 I will be leading a Guildford ‘PhotoWalk’ as part of an institute course and I’m now planning a course on stained glass for the summer term.

After exhibiting during March 2018 a selection of my photographs at the Allen Gallery in Alton I have been asked to give a talk at the gallery on 25 April 2019 about local church stained glass.

A selection of my photographs are online with fotoLIBRA and the number of my images on flickr is currently being increased. A revamp of the Polypodphoto website is due in the New Year, as well as a new website for the Neo-Gothic Guild Church Stained Glass Project.

I continue to contribute to my three Facebook pages but have rather neglected my two blogs and avoid regular use of Twitter as it’s too distracting and ephemeral. I plan to produce a booklet based on my PhotoWalks which will offer self-guided walks in a number of locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment